We had a lovely time watching, "Sound of Music" and raising money for two organizations that mean a lot to us. We recommend that you try this at home!
Change it up to how you see fit, but here is one version of what to do:
1) Pick an organization that you care about (the IRC, Planned Parenthood and the ACLU are three of our favorites.
2) Pick a movie that you love (we recommend Order of the Phoenix) and invite some friends over to come and watch, and donate!
3) Set a goal! Try to raise twice what you think you can!
4) Have friends each bring a treat of some kind.
5) Make a game of watching the movie. Boo every time Umbridge is on the screen. Clap whenever you see Fred and George; make something fun and community oriented about it.
6) Give a few plugs to remind people to donate. They can donate on their phones, or in cash that you can type in. Have them write the amounts on a scrap of paper anonymously, and you totalize as you go!
7) Keep your group appraised of your progress!
8) You will have had fun, been together, raised some money!